Third Annual Game Developers Choice Awards Advisory Board Named
SAN FRANCISCO - November 12, 2002 - The International Game Developers Association (IGDA) has named the 2003 Game Developers Choice Awards advisory board that will shape the annual event and assist in the selection of the prestigious Lifetime Achievement award.
Started in 2000 with the idea that there is no greater honor than to be recognized by one's peers, the Game Developers Choice Awards are game development's most prized honors. All professional game developers are eligible to nominate, vote and pay tribute to the developers whose work they respect most, making these true industry accolades. Nominations open January 3, 2003. The awards ceremony is scheduled to take place on March 6, 2003 at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Jose, CA.
The board members, some of the best minds from the international game development community, are:
- Hal Barwood, project leader, LucasArts (USA)
- Louis Castle, general manager & co-founder, Westwood Studios (USA)
- Sarah Chudley, business director, Bizarre Creations (England)
- John De Margheriti, co-founder, MicroForte (Australia)
- Martin de Ronde, managing director, Lost Boys Games B.V. (Netherlands)
- Noah Falstein, president, The Inspiracy (USA)
- Petri Jarvilehto, project leader, Remedy Entertainment (Finland)
- Chris Kingsley, CTO, Rebellion Developments Ltd. (England)
- Lulu LaMer, producer, Ion Storm Austin (USA)
- David McCarthy, news editor, Edge Magazine (England)
- Dave Perry, president, Shiny Entertainment (USA)
- Samantha Ryan, chief operating officer, Monolith Productions (USA)
- Yoot Saito, lead game designer, Vivarium (Japan)
- Greg Zeschuk, joint CEO & co-founder, BioWare Corp. (Canada)
The Game Developer Choice Awards are the most respected peer-recognition awards in the industry," stated Petri Jarvilehto, the lead game designer for Max Payne. "These are the awards that really matter for us developers, and receiving one is an outstanding achievement that shows commitment in making games that push the envelope of interactive entertainment.
The International Game Developers Association is a non-profit membership organization that advocates globally on issues related to digital game creation. The IGDA's mission is to strengthen the international game development community and effect change to benefit that community. For more information on the IGDA, please visit www.igda.org or e-mail email@example.com.About the CMP Game Group
A core provider of essential information and community to the professional game industry, the CMP Game Group includes the Game Developers Conference, Game Developer magazine, Gamasutra.com, the Independent Games Festival, and the Game Developers Choice Awards. For more information, please visit www.cmpgame.com.CMP Media LLC
CMP Media LLC (www.cmp.com) is a leading integrated media company providing essential information and marketing services to the entire technology spectrum -- the builders, sellers and users of technology worldwide. Capitalizing on its editorial strength, CMP is uniquely positioned to offer marketers comprehensive, integrated media solutions tailored to meet their individual needs. Its diverse products and services include newspapers, magazines, Internet products, research, direct marketing services, education and training, trade shows and conferences and custom publishing.